How We Use Information Collected from You:
We may use both Personal Information and Non-Personal Information collected from you in any one or more of the following ways:
• To register and service your Account;
• To administer and improve the Service;
• To prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Service terms;
• To compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties, including partners;
• For our internal records, tracking and business purposes;
• To contact you to respond to your questions or requests or provide you with technical support;
• To provide you with information regarding changes to the Service which may affect your Account, your use of the Service, and/or the products and services available through the Service;
• To customize the user experience of the Service;
• To analyze trends, track user movement and gather statistical information for aggregate use;
• To promote the Service or customize advertising that may be visible to you in connection with the Service;
• To assess service levels, monitor traffic patterns and gauge popularity of different service options;
• To verify access rights to services; and
• Where you have provided us with consent to do so, to carry out our marketing activities.
You also accept that hi.guru™ has the right to provide the above information to any third party and/or partner to give that party information so that they can ensure better service delivery, adjust offers, packages or advertisements based on the information. However, no information will be provided if these third parties do not comply with hi.guru™’s rules and regulations regarding information in this area like anti-spam and such. Third parties will never have the right to reuse or re-distribute any information to any other party without written consent from hi.guru™.
How We Share or Disclose Information Collected From You
We will not rent or sell your Personal Information to third parties outside of hi.guru™ and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively “Company”) without your consent, except as noted below. Your information may be shared as follows:
We may share your username, with a third party or service provider to ensure better service delivery. Contact details will only be shared with a third party or service provider related to service delivery after approval has been received from the User.
Safety, Security, and Compliance with Laws
We may disclose any information, including Personal Information, to first responders, safety personnel, law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to: a verified request relating to a criminal investigation, investigation of fraud, alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other User or person to physical harm or legal liability. In such events, we will disclose information relevant and necessary to the emergency response, investigation or inquiry, like name, telephone number, email address, User ID history, IP address, and anything else we may deem relevant to the emergency response or investigation. Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the hi.guru™ community free from bad actors. We will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of our Users, our Company or others.
Age of Consent
By signing up, you acknowledge you are of legal age, provide true information and are authorized to sign-up to the service, in legal age or permitted by your guardians or parent to do so. hi.guru™ will not be held accountable in any way if a user provides us with wrongful or misleading information while signing on for service, downloading a service, activating a service or using a service.
We may contact you to confirm and verify the ownership of your mobile wireless device numbers collected as part of your account information. We may also communicate with you via email, text message or by phone to provide Service activation, account information, and information and services regarding any issues or service delivery requests associated with your account.
Cookies, Log Files, and IP Address
We may collect information about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We will use this information to deliver relevant content and services to you. We may log call events but not record the call itself.
Change of Ownership or Business Transition
In the event of a change of ownership or other business transition, such as a merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred. Your information will be transferred in accordance with applicable privacy laws.